INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We, Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD, want to give you the best experience possible. We use the personal information you share with us to make our products and services and your experience even better. This privacy statement aims to give you a clear view of how we use personal information that you provide, our dedication to protecting it, your rights and the options you have to control your personal information and protect your privacy. It also outlines what personal information we collect about you when you visit our websites/associated platforms, how we use your personal information and the third parties we will share it with. We use personal information for various purposes, as described in detail below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
“Personal information” is any information about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD will collect various types of personal information and special categories of personal information about you, including the following (as applicable):
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We will also collect personal information about you when you interact with our brand, websites and apps, including how you use them, as follows:
- Websites: we will collect information about the Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD websites that you visit and how you use them. A visit to one of our websites results in data being sent from your browser to our servers. We will collect personal information in this way, such as:
- your IP address;
- the date and time of the visit and how long you remained on our website;
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come);
- the pages visited on our website; and
- information about the device and browser (such as, browser type and version, operating system, etc).
- Location information: When you use a location-enabled service, we will provide you a just in time notice to collect and process information about your actual location, for instance through GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We will also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points, Near Field Communication (“NFC”) points and mobile network cell towers. You can generally disable sending your location through settings in your device, and we will inform you when we make use of location information.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Most of the information we collect about you will be personal information that you have voluntarily provided to us, for example, through our websites/associated platforms. Other sources from whom we may obtain your personal information include:
- Point of Sale systems ([i.e. certain information may be collected about you when you make a purchase in a store]);
- other Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD platforms; and
- third parties (such as law enforcement/regulatory bodies, and companies providing commercially available databases etc.).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect will be used in the format that it is received, or, where appropriate, will be combined with personal information we obtain from other internal or external sources. We use and analyse this personal information for the various other purposes detailed below:
- Improving our products and services: we will use your personal information to build a profile on you in order to understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you.
- Customer service: if you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible.
- Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD products and services, engagements and offerings: we will use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us, such as promotions, membership of Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD communities (where applicable), Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD loyalty programs, events and other unlisted applications. This will, if applicable, include the use of your personal information for submission in contests, Prize Giveaways and promotions, using your contact details for events;
- for the reasons set out in the “improving our products and services” section below; and
- for the reasons set out in the “marketing purposes” section below.
- Marketing: when you sign up to receive newsletters, order or provide feedback on a product or service online or use our website, we will use your personal information to create a profile based on the information we hold about you. We create your profile in accordance with your preferences in order to provide you with the best personalised experience, to send you personalised marketing messages and newsletters and for opinion research purposes. Below you can find a more detailed description of the ways in which we will use your personal information for these purposes.
- What kind of information: the way you interact with our brand across all the different channels described above (e.g. the Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD website, social media and marketing messages we send you) and the information we collect in that regard from each of these channels provides us valuable information about your interests and preferences. This insight gives us the opportunity to offer you the best Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD experience possible. To learn about you and your interests, we analyse your interactions with our brand using various kinds of information, as set out above. In particular, we may combine the information we collect with information collected by third parties. If you have given us your consent to send you marketing communications, we use the information that you have provided to us when interacting with us for sending you personalised marketing messages about Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD products or services, events, Prize Giveaways and promotions. In some instances we will also aggregate your personal information with that of other individuals, to create comprehensive reports about how customers use our products and services, and experience our brand.
- What kind of channels: we will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email, phone, or social media. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, in order to use the contact details you have provided to us to send our personalised marketing communications.
- What kind of messages: the messages we will send you will be personalised and tailored to your individual preferences and interests. We use analytics in order to generate such personalised messages. These direct marketing messages may contain information about our products and services, events, Prize Giveaways or promotions and Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD news. We will, in certain circumstances, also use the channels for opinion research (such as to ask if you would like to participate in a survey) and to learn about your experience and improve your experience with Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD, including by sending you personalised messages.
- Re-targeting: our websites and associated platforms use re-targeting technologies. This enables us to show our visitors, who were already interested in Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD and our products and/or services, advertisements from us on partner websites. We believe that the display of personalised, interest-based advertising is more interesting and relevant to our customers than advertising that does not have a personal connection. Re-targeting technologies analyse the information we collect about your interactions with each Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD platform as described in relation to marketing above, including your cookies, and display advertisements based on your past web-surfing behaviour. Please click here for further information on cookies and instructions on how to disable re-targeting. Note that our sites generally are not configured to respond to web browser do-not-track signals.
- Ads: we also work with non-Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect personal information about your visits to our websites or apps and your interaction with our communications, including advertising.
- Improving our products and services: we will use the personal information we hold about you (as well as pseudonymised or anonymised information generated from your personal information) to carry out analysis and research, including:
- data science/analytics, whereby we combine information (such as personal information and/or sensitive personal information we have obtained through the use of a Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD sporting app or from your browsing history) we hold on a large scale in order:
- learn more about our customers and their preferences;
- to identify patterns and trends amongst our customers;
- enhance user experience on our websites;
- provide information, content and offerings tailored to our customers’ needs;
- for general research and statistical purposes; and
- for aggregated reporting purposes within the Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD Group;
- develop new products and services;
- monitor performance of our products and services and/or improve our technology;
- to be able to send you personalised marketing messages;
- to display online ads to you.
- Websites: personal information collected through our websites, such as via cookies or other tracking technologies, will be used to allow us to assess browsing behaviours on our websites, to understand where improvements can be made, to optimise our products and services and personalise and improve your experience on our websites and apps.
- Performance analysis: we will use your personal information (including by anonymising and aggregating it with other customers’ personal information) for sales, supply chain and financial analysis purposes, to determine how Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD is performing and where improvements can be made and where necessary to report back to our parent or affiliate group companies.
- We will ask for your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this privacy statement (unless such use is otherwise required or authorised by or under applicable law).
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We treat your personal information with care and confidentiality and do not share it with third parties other than as set out below:
WITH OTHER Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD ENTITIES
We will share limited personal information as well as anonymised and aggregated information, with other Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD entities. They will use this personal information for trend analysis.
WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS
We will also share your personal information as necessary and only for the purposes described above with various third parties who process your personal information on our behalf, such as third parties that run any loyalty programs and/or Prize Giveaways/competitions, hosting, delivery, payment and fraud management providers, and analytics platform providers. We require that these service providers and other third parties adhere to strict rules when processing your personal information, including to only use your personal information in accordance with Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD instructions and the applicable laws.
WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS
Our website and associated platforms will, in certain circumstances, provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network such as Facebook or Twitter (for example by registering an account), your activity on our website or via our apps will also be made available to that social network. If you are logged in on one of these social networks during your visit to one of our websites or apps or are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, the social network might add this information to your respective profile on this network based on your privacy settings. If you would like to prevent this type of data transfer, please log out of your social network account before you enter one of our websites or apps, or change the app’s privacy settings, where possible. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal information, what rights you have and how you can maintain suitable privacy settings for your needs.
WITH LEGAL AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD LTD will disclose personal information where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend Gage Roads Brewin CO LTD’s property and legal rights, to protect the personal safety of Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD LTD’s website or associated platform by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement agency.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting your personal information and implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information for two years from your last interaction with us, unless a longer or shorter retention period is required by law, is necessary in the course of legal proceedings or is otherwise needed for a particular purpose under applicable law.
The following are examples to illustrate how Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD keeps your personal information for as long as necessary for a particular purpose:
- we may keep your personal information collected during a purchase for as long as required by tax laws;
- we may keep your personal information for a shorter period if you ask us to delete your personal information. In such a case, Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD will aim to delete your personal information within a maximum period of one month from the date of the request;
- information collected in connection with promotions will be kept for no longer than one month following the end of the promotion.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Our websites may contain links to third party websites, and some of our services provide you with access to third party services (such as social networks). We have no control over how third-party websites and services process your personal information. We do not review third party websites and services, and we are not responsible for such third-party websites and services or their privacy practices. Please read the privacy statements of any third-party websites or services that you access from our websites or services.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fair play and transparency are important to us. We are open about the personal information we collect and have implemented mechanisms to enable you to exercise any rights you might have with respect to your personal information.
OPTING OUT AND UNSUBSCRIBING FROM MARKETING MESSAGES
All our marketing communications contain an easy way to opt out from receiving future messages, such as a link through which you can unsubscribe. You may also opt out for particular channels (for example email or SMS) as indicated in the message received in such channel.
If you would like to opt out of receiving Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD marketing messages you may use the unsubscribe link contained in the messages you have received, or alternatively you could contact our:
Customer service department
Online at email@example.com
Note that if you choose to opt out of receiving marketing messages in the manner explained above, we may continue to process your personal information, in particular to allow us to understand your interests and preferences, but we will stop using your personal information to send you personalised or non-personalised marketing messages.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD LT has pledged to adhere to the fundamental principles of privacy and data protection. We therefore regularly review our online privacy statement in order to ensure that it is free of errors and clearly visible on websites, that it contains appropriate information about your rights and our processing activities, and that it is implemented and is compliant with applicable law. We may update this privacy statement from time to time to keep it up to date, to keep pace with new developments and opportunities relating to the Internet and to stay in line with applicable law. If we make significant changes to this privacy statement, we will inform you by posting a notification on our websites and/or mobile apps along with an updated version of the privacy statement
Please contact us (using the contact details below) if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD has collected or handled your personal information. Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD will inquire into your complaint and respond to you in writing within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, how to exercise your rights or about our privacy statement you are welcome to contact us at:
Online at http://www.gageroads.com.au/contact.html
Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD LTD
14 Absolon St
FIRST OF ALL… WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. For this section, we conveniently use “cookies” as an umbrella term for techniques such as cookies, Flash cookies and web beacons. They don’t take much space and they will be removed automatically when expired. Some cookies expire at the end of your internet session, while others will be saved for a limited amount of time.
SECONDLY… WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT COOKIE TYPES WE USE?
There are different types of cookies with different uses. Some are there just to allow you to browse the website and see certain features. Some give us an idea on your browsing experience, i.e. when you have trouble finding what you are looking for, so we can improve and make your future visit as pleasant as possible.
Cookies set by Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than us are called “third-party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer or mobile both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites. We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons.
The most important cookies are the required cookies. They are essential and help you to navigate on the website and to use basic features, such as media plugins. Then there are functionality cookies that enable you to save your shopping bag, create a wish list and to save your shipping details for a quicker checkout. The performance and analytics cookies we use to improve our website. We also like to show you relevant offers. To manage this we collect browsing data, which may be linked to a unique identifier to allow us to understand how you interact with Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD across different platforms as described in our privacy statement (click here for our privacy statement). Interaction cookies are used for you to interact with social media or to submit reviews. Targeting cookies, advertising cookies and social media cookies capture your preferences in order to show you relevant ads outside Gage Roads Brewing Co LTD sites. In addition, social media cookies may be used to track your activity over social media platforms.
- REQUIRED COOKIES
Are essential and help you navigate, move around on the website and see certain features (e.g. these cookies make sure your basket is saved during all the steps of your checkout process). These cookies are required to enable core site functionality. These cookies are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
- FUNCTIONALITY AND ANALYTICS COOKIES
Are there so we can give you an even smoother customer experience (e.g. these cookies help you to save and remind you about your shopping bag and enable you to create a wish list). These cookies allow us to analyse site usage so we can measure and improve performance. These cookies may be placed by us or a third party on our behalf (see our cookie opt-out tool) and are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
- ADVERTISING AND SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
- will remember your product and buying preferences or assist marketing efforts in other ways. These cookies enable us to share data, such as what you like, with our advertisers, so the advertisement you see can be more relevant to your preferences (sometimes referred to as “targeting cookies”).
- help us to understand shopping behaviour of visitors. This enables us to keep improving our website, so shopping becomes easier and more pleasant, and to improve the marketing messages we send to our customers (sometimes referred to as “performance cookies”).
- are used for you to express your opinion. These cookies will enable you to like or recommend us on social media and to chat with our service agents. But you can also advise our other (potential) customers by rating and reviewing our products (sometimes referred to as “interaction cookies”).
WHAT IF YOU DON’T LIKE COOKIES?
You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. Find out how this works for your browser here:
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
Adobe (flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/flash-player.html
Note that you may visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to learn about the options that some of the third parties we work with offer for opting out of certain ad targeting activities. You will need to visit those websites from each browser and device that you would like to be covered by your opt-out. Because the opt-out tools may depend on cookies, you may need to visit these sites again to reinstate your preferences if you delete your cookies.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a third party service provider who may combine your information with information from other; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them interest-based content and advertisements. To opt-out of third party cookies, please visit RTB House.
HOW OFTEN WILL YOU UPDATE THIS COOKIE STATEMENT?
The date at the top of this Cookie Statement indicates when it was last updated.
FINALLY…WHERE CAN I GET FURTHER INFORMATION?
LAST UPDATED: 10.09.2018